IN CELEBRATION OF THE 30th ANNIVERSARY OF NATIONAL CHEMISTRY WEEK
In partnership with the American Chemical Society
Discover • Explore • Learn
Chemistry is all around us! The more we learn about chemistry, the more we learn about our world.
Themed, “Chemistry Rocks,” highlighting geochemistry, this year’s event explores the reasons why chemistry matters through interactive demonstrations, hands-on activities, exciting presentations, and interactions with professionals in science, technology, engineering, and math.
- Test different varieties of rocks and minerals
- Grow your own salt-crystal snowflakes
- See a periodic table demonstration
- Get gooey at a slime activity
- Check out an environment booth about Bats
- Be dazzled as Pop Rocks candy is mixed with different brands of soda, ice, and balloons
- Explore how dyes and pigments change color when exposed to UV light
- Make a UV reactive bracelet
- And more!
ChemFest is a catalyst for fun and learning, so bring the whole family and discover how chemistry is cool!
Sponsored on Today’s WISH 99.7 by: